Summer is here … blue skies, hot days, get off the couch and go live! Try some of these adventure sports for yourself.
We have the perfect climate to enjoy adventure sports – it doesn’t get any better than summer in Brisbane. So help us come up with the top 20 list to do around south-east Queensland. We’ll kick it off!
1) Skydiving - What is more adventurous than jumping out of a plane! Jump the Beach Brisbane do the highest, safest jump, giving you stunning views of the Glass House Mountains on the way down! Cost: $369, www.jumpthebeachbrisbane.com.au Tel: 1300 800 840.
2)Trapeze flying classes – If you feel like really getting out of your comfort zone, why not learn how to swing on a trapeze? Circus Arts guarantees at least five swings and jumps in their one and a half hour classes, all in the safety of a harness and a net. Cost: $55 for a casual class, www.circusarts.com.au Tel: 0420 895 021.
3) Real Adventure Shooting Activity – If you feel like handling some guns, do it in a safe environment with the Sporting Shooter’s Association of Australia in Brisbane. With the Real Adventure Shooting Activity you can try six different kinds of guns ranging from a shotgun to a revolver. Cost: $75 per person, www.ssaabris.org.au Tel: 07 3398 1749.
4) Ropes obstacle course –If you’re tired of your usual exercise routine, and really want to challenge yourself, try a ropes obstacle course at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. There are three difficulty levels so no matter what you fitness level is, you can have fun! Cost: $54 for an adult, www.cws.org.au Tel: 1300 886 511.
5) Snorkelling – Summer is a perfect time to get into the water and snorkelling is a great way to explore during your holidays. Moreton Island has several shipwrecks to investigate not to mention the beautiful coral. Cost: $200, http://adventuremoretonisland.com/contact/ 1300 022 878.
6) Horse riding –Tamborine Mountain Trail Rides give you the chance to see your local community from a whole new perspective. With a lot of different options to choose from, you can go for half an hour ride or for half a day ride (for experienced riders). Cost: starts at $30 for half an hour ride, www.horseridingqld.com Tel: 5545 3505.
What else have you tried?