A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a raid of his property at Kingston, south of Brisbane, by counter terrorism police.

A Queensland man whose home was raided by counter-terrorism police is facing proceeds of crime charges.

The 32-year-old was arrested at his home at Kingston, south of Brisbane, on Thursday morning.

Australian Federal Police (AFP) said the arrest was part of an ongoing operation jointly conducted with local police.

“It will be alleged … the man was reckless to the fact that there was a risk he was dealing with money that would have become a central part of a criminal activity, namely funding people to travel overseas to fight,” the AFP said in a statement.

The arrest comes one week after about 800 AFP, NSW and Queensland police raided homes across Sydney and Brisbane in the country’s largest anti-terrorism operation.

Those raids didn’t produce any arrests in Brisbane.

But just over a week earlier, on September 10, two Queensland men were arrested after a raid at an Islamic bookshop.

They included 31-year-old Omar Succarieh, who was last week denied bail in the Supreme Court in Brisbane.

Succarieh has been charged with funding Syrian extremist group Jabhat al-Nusra.

The second man, 21-year-old Agim Kreuzi, was accused of preparing for incursions into Syria.

The 32-year-old arrested on Thursday was due to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court later in the day.