The Block Glasshouse won the ratings while the Brownlow Medal made it into the top 10 despite only airing in three cities.
The AFL Brownlow Medal count muscled its way into the top 10 most watched shows on Monday night despite only airing in three cities.
The Seven Network’s coverage of the AFL’s highest individual award was sixth on OzTAM’s overnight ratings with 939,000 viewers.
The Brownlow Medal coverage only drew audience numbers from Melbourne (582,000), Adelaide (180,000) and Perth (177,000) where it was also the highest rating show in each of those cities.
In Brisbane and Sydney the Brownlow Medal count aired on Seven’s subsidiary channel 7Mate but those figures were not included in the overnight ratings.
The live Brownlow Medal count threw out the ratings for Home And Away, which had to settle for 11th with 712,000 viewers.
The ABC’s Australian Story took 10th spot with 775,000 viewers.
The Nine Network snared the first three placings with The Block Glasshouse (1.327 million), Nine News (1.133 million) and Nine News 6.30pm (1.082 million).
Nine’s reality series Big Brother was 12th with 670,000 viewers and second in its timeslot to the Brownlow Medal count.
Most watched shows on Monday
1. The Block Glasshouse (Nine) – 1.327 million
2. Nine News (Nine) – 1.133 million
3. Nine News 6.30pm (Nine) – 1.082 million
4. Seven News (Seven) – 983,000
5. A Current Affair (Nine) – 965,000
6. 2014 Brownlow Medal (Seven) – 939,000
7. Seven News/Today Tonight (Seven) – 813,000
8. ABC News (ABC1) – 795,000
9. 7.30 (ABC1) – 778,000
10. Australian Story (ABC) – 775,000
11. Home And Away (Seven) – 712,000
12. Big Brother (Nine) – 670,000