Federal and state police have executed warrants in Brisbane and Sydney, with a number of people charged and others still in detention.
COUNTER-TERRORISM RAID RESULTS SO FAR:
* NSW and federal police executed 25 search warrants on Thursday morning across Sydney.
* Further warrants were executed in Sydney on Thursday night.
* Out of 15 people detained: two men appeared in Sydney courts, two men remain detained, two women are on future court attendance notices, nine were released.
* One man will reappear in a Sydney court on November 13 charged over allegedly conspiring with an Islamic State chief to kidnap a random person and carry out an execution on camera.
* Another man will reappear in a Sydney court on September 24 charged with unauthorised possession of a weapon and ammunition.
* Police raids in Brisbane on Thursday led to no arrests. Two men already faced charges over allegedly recruiting and funding for terrorist organisation Jabhat al-Nusra.
* Victoria Police say they are monitoring people linked to IS but no raids have been carried out.