A fire in a medical imaging room led to patients and staff being evacuated from Ipswich Hospital, southwest of Brisbane.
Patients and staff were taken from a hospital ward southwest of Brisbane after a small fire started in an X-ray room.
An electrical fault at Ipswich Hospital is understood to have started shortly before 3pm on Wednesday.
A smell of smoke in an electrical panel sparked the evacuation, a hospital spokeswoman said.
“There were no acutely ill patients involved,” she told AAP.
Police inspector Michelle Stenner said a small fire in the medical imaging room, which handles X-rays and ultrasounds, caused the small fire on the fourth floor.
“That fire was contained,” she told ABC News.
“The electrician attended and made that situation safe.”
No one was injured during the fire or evacuation.
Firefighters attended the scene.