Expression of Interests opened today for Brisbane Festival 2014 – calling for independent artists across all areas of performing arts.
Brisbane Festival 2013 was a spectacular success that spread a range cultural events throughout the city.
For 2014, the organisers are committed to providing more opportunities for local talent to exhibit their work.
Expressions of Interest opened today for emerging, mid-career and established artists from the greater Brisbane area.
Festival organisers are seeking small to medium size work, which can already be existing or to be premiered at the festival.
Areas of Focus for the 2014 programme include:
- Smaller intimate works in traditional and non-traditional spaces
- Promenade and roving based performance works (indoor or outdoor)
- Performances suitable for studio or warehouse style venues
Installation based work
- Independent artists with design/performance based installation work that can be positioned in either indoor or outdoor venues across Brisbane.
Weekly presenting fees are set between $1,000 and $8,000.
Applications are to include the following information:
- One page summary of the work (whether new or existing)
- Bios of key artists
- Examples of any reviews or clippings
- Budget (up to $8,000 maximum)
- Support material such as video, images or photographs
Submit applications to email@example.com or via post:
PO Box 3943
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by Brisbane Festival Independent Performing Arts Curator, David Berthold.
Entries close 5pm on Friday 7th March 2014