Healthy meal kit delivery service, Marley Spoon has finally made its way to Queensland and to celebrate they’ve shared their delicious recipe for Salt and Pepper Chicken with us!
4 free-range chicken breast fillets
coating spice mix (five spice powder, potato flour)
500g fresh wide rice noodles
200g green beans
200g Chinese broccoli
55ml oyster sauce
ground Sichuan pepper
50g sweet chilli sauce
sea salt flakes
35g (1/4 cup) plain flour
vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
1. Cut the chicken breast fillets into 5mm thick slices. Fill a kettle with water and bring to the boil.
2. Combine the coating spice mix with 1⁄2 tsp salt flakes and 35g (1⁄4 cup) plain flour in a medium bowl. Whisk 1 egg white in a small bowl. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1-2 mins then drain and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat 1 tbs oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the beans and Chinese broccoli stalks for 2 mins, then add the Chinese broccoli leaves with the onion, cooking for a further 2 mins or until softened (add 1⁄4 cup (60ml) water if needed to help steam).
4. Thinly slice the onion. Trim and halve the beans. Cut the Chinese broccoli into 6cm lengths.
5. Heat 1cm oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat. Dip chicken pieces first in egg white, then in the flour mixture. Cook, in batches, for 2-3 mins until golden and cooked. Drain on paper towel. Drain the oil into a heatproof bowl, being very careful as oil is very hot. Place in a safe place to cool down.
6. Add the oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 1 min or until tender and heated through. Toss through the noodles. Serve chicken on stir-fried greens, scattered with Sichuan pepper for adults if desired. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Bmag readers can receive $35 off their first Marley Spoon order here
For more recipes visit www.marleyspoon.com.au