Ready to learn about the the history of beer, the brewing process, and taste up to 20 different types of craft beer while walking about town? We thought so. Sounds like the healthy way to enjoy a brew.
Foodi provides food and drink-related walking tours all around Australia and they offer heaps of fun things to do in Brisbane including a Craft Beer Walking Tour.
So whether you’re a tourist who wants to get to know the place better, or a local who would like to discover new places you never knew about, everyone can enjoy this delicious-tasting tour.
Running for about three hours and costing $65, the tour kicks off on the corner of Park Rd and Railway Tce, Milton at 2pm on Saturdays and you can expect to experience an informative and enjoyable afternoon.
On this tour you will:
- Visit four different venues with a sit down break half way through.
- Learn about each venue’s colourful past and how they have contributed to our wonderful city.
- Meet the interesting and passionate people who run each establishment.
- Learn about the the history of beer, the brewing process, and why the current state of the industry that has led to a dramatic increase of interest in craft beer.
- Taste 20 different craft beers.
- Discover how each beer is made and its distinct characteristics.
All samples are included in the tour price. You may choose to purchase a pub meal during the half way break and the host Radha is an experienced tour guide and beer enthusiast.
Of course, you must be over 18 to participate. Since this particular tour involves alcohol tasting, it’s recommended that you leave the car at home and catch public transport to and from the tour.
Remember that this is a walking tour so make sure you wear comfortable shoes, and as the route is not undercover, bring an umbrella if rain looks likely.
For more details and to book a place on an upcoming tour, check out our event guide listing.